Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Shining Stars of Tomorrow

Since I didn't manage to win in the Poetry Slam competition (I'm not too concern about losing, I'm just super sore my $400 book voucher is gone!), I shall share my entry on this blog.

To begin with, I wasn't sure about winning right from the start. My very first attempt as I was really tempted by the voucher. In the end, I read the winning entry and I couldn't even understand half of it!

Conclusion: Good poems should not be understood by a layman. Yup. (Sour grapes sour grapes)

To those who have given me their moral support and vote, this poem is dedicated to you all!

Shining Stars of Tomorrow

Stars seized from the midnight sky

What should I compare them with?

Billions of stars in the Milky Way

Akin to the future of our tomorrow

Why should they be similar?

A state of approach, a frame of mind

Be encompassing!

Stars come in different shapes and sizes

So do you and me, him and her

Be remissive!

Stars started off by the collapse of particles

So will failure begets success

Be patient!

Light from a star takes years to reach us

So will light arrive, a matter of time

Be rewarded!

Light from a star provides energy to our lives

So will the joy of harvest, be brought to us