Friday, December 03, 2010

Anticipation

I am writing on the night before an operation on my nose. Tomorrow, I will be undergoing the second operation in as many years to clear blockages in my airway. I have nothing much to worry about tomorrow's operation, given that the first was relatively pain-free and the surgeon has promised that this operation will definitely take lesser time than the previous one.

On a reflective night, I am just anticipating: Anticipating how it will feel like to be breathing normally. Anticipating on whether the air will smell nicer with a clear airway. Anticipating how the aftermath of 7 hours of good and uninterrupted sleep will feel like. Anticipating how much more I can contribute to do God's work with renewed energy and vigour.

Matthew 25:40 "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

Lord, please grant me the strength to do work that delights and glorifies you.